Linux Mint 64Bit.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I've downloaded Linux Mint Cinnamon 64Bit, and thus the screen is going crazy for the Desktop when I log in and I'm having trouble seeing whats their let alone interact with anything.

Could this be because I've downloaded the 64Bit Edition being the Cinnamon edition with multimedia support. I downloaded it and burned it to a DVD and thus the log in screen is fine but the Desktop goes hay wire.

I'm going to try the 32 Bit Edition and see if that makes a difference, hopefully with this being an older system, I'll be able to having it running nice and nippy after a installation with 32Bit.

My initial thought was the Graphics drivers, I managed to do various updates, and got them all but the same happened after rebooting.

Edit: I've managed to sort out the problem, I've installed 32 Bit Mint and under device manager used the recommended GPU Drivers. Everything looks to be fine. I'm just installing the Updates at the minute. The screen was flickering Yellow and Green, and going hay wire with the On Screen Picture, but seems to be fine now.

I'm curious if anyone can tell me if Linux Mint will recognize a Back up Tape Drive, I've looked under computer and their is nothing their with the device.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom