Thinking about changing my major...(CSCE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

melorock

Baseband Member
to computer science & computer engineering.

I want to be an IBMer :p

Ive always been interested in technology, been never really considered it to be a career. Anyone that has some background experience or input is appreciated!

I've read a little up on it. One article claims that they makes $70,000 to 81,000 a year! I also understand many foriegners are ambitious with this field, particularly Indians and Asians. Nothing against them whatsoever, but simply assuming there's going to be a high demand for it in the USA.

I assume there's going to be alot of Math, particularly calculus, algorithms, and some mechanics and physics?

You assume correctly, also a lot of companies in the US, due to government contracts actually only hire US Citizens. From my perspective, a CE can do anything a CS can do; however, CS is severely limited in the sense that they are restricted to software only.

CE is an excellent choice.

Thank you, any more advice? Is it a challenging both to get the degree, and challenging in the career itself?

One last thing, I plan to get my bachelor's here, however, is it recommended to get a master's at an esteemed engineering school?

Yes it is challenging, and although I've only had work as an intern because I am still going for my degree, the work I had was also very challenging.

Yes to your last question as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom