is my school preparing me for my career?

kalessi

In Runtime
This may be a dumb question.... I'm getting my AAS in Networking and don't feel the most confident in my field because I really don't know what to expect...I sometimes wonder if my classes are really prepping me for the real world.... Alot of info being thrown at me it's hard to soak it all in.... Did anyone else feel this way while I'm school?

Yup.

Honestly, school is mostly all theory. Once you get a job, you'll learn all you need to learn while on the job. Your employers will teach you - it will feel overwhelming at first, but usually they'll try and ease you into stuff, and you'll learn along the way. You'll learn WAY more at a job doing work than you'll learn in school. Honestly, school is mostly a basis / foundation (which is good to have).

Yup - ride the wave. It's a plethora of information thrown at you in a short period of time - half of which you don't think will apply to your job in the future.

While certain classes won't directly apply to your job, the skills you learn to pass that course will. Whether it be math, or just the simple principle of having a short period of time to finish a large project. Those skills to accomplish those items (time management, being resourceful, ect) will definitely apply to your real life career.

Back
Top Bottom