ITside jobs

1etherer

Fully Optimized
I work full time 9- 5.30 1st line support, but I now want to start doing side jobs or evening/ weekend work. I live in London, UK so any fellow London techs please give me some advise or contacts... :cool:

even if its basic IT support or rollout projects.. just to get a little extra in the bank.:cool:

How much have you looked into weekend contracting? A lot of maintenance type working is done over the weekend so you might be able to find emergency sysadmin work or rollout projects available.

^ this.
Example: a company rolling out another cubicle farm in a new building. Someone has to run those ethernet lines :tongue:

I just cant seem to find a decent website or agency that provides these type of weekend jobs.. To be honest I dont even mind laying cables as it can lead to better work, by networking with people etc. But sysadmin and rollout is my pref.

Last edited:
You say you're a L1 helpdesk? You probably won't get much system admin work without having a looooot of experience. most people that do what you're describing actually do it for a living. IT Consultants make quite a bit of money :tongue:

Don't know what there is in the U.K. but here in the U.S. there is a place called On Force, it connects local IT people for service to it's customer base. I was a member of their forums years ago and a few times they notified me of available work in my area, They provide a time frame and a pay amount for each job.
OnForce, WaaS Software to power the future of the extended workforce.

There might be something similar to that over on your side of the pond, I can't find anything in the U.K. from here

You say you're a L1 helpdesk? You probably won't get much system admin work without having a looooot of experience. most people that do what you're describing actually do it for a living. IT Consultants make quite a bit of money :tongue:

I do 1st/2nd line and sys administration, but my role is not a sys admin so no point saying it yet lol. :cool:

Don't know what there is in the U.K. but here in the U.S. there is a place called On Force, it connects local IT people for service to it's customer base. I was a member of their forums years ago and a few times they notified me of available work in my area, They provide a time frame and a pay amount for each job.
OnForce, WaaS Software to power the future of the extended workforce.

There might be something similar to that over on your side of the pond, I can't find anything in the U.K. from here

Interesting site. So does this work like TaskRabbit? Will companies or individuals post jobs they need and members can bid on jobs?

I'm Currently still in school but this will be good for the future, assuming its still up and running.

Back
Top Bottom