Education?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyGodAL3X

In Runtime
Hey guys,

Thought I'd ask all of you for your opinion.

Alright so I am currently on contract (for another 5 months) as an IT-representative for the Faculty of Education at the University of Ottawa. I mostly do first level support, email configs, help people in class rooms work the projectors, repair the old computers, etc.

I have recently become really really interested in programming. Like I-would-make-a-career-out-of-it interested.

My question is, I am currently doing a part time university program online with Athabasca University.
Bachelor of Science Computing and Information Systems (4-Year) : Undergraduate Degree Programs: Athabasca University
Once the contract is over, should I continue working full time and doing that program part time (odds are I will be hired permanently for the position I currently occupy - but I know nothing is for sure) or should I go and get a diploma.

Second part, if I do, should I go for the University compsci bachelors (4 years of full time - very expensive) or the programming College degree (2 years of full time - way less expensive).

Let me know if you guys have any opinions.

EDIT: I have only completed one class my current program and am working on a second

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom