Ninth Foxconn Worker of 2010 Commits Suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foxconn Suicides Are Officially Out of Control

Alright, this is getting way out of control, they are now committing suicide two at a time at Foxconn and there is another person on the roof as we speak. This means you can add another five deaths to the list since our last report, maybe six depending on how the current situation ends. Honestly, this is just too depressing to report on anymore.

According to a string of Tweets, reports, pulled (allegedly censored) reports and rough translations, now 15 Foxconn employees have jumped in attempted suicide—two of whom seem to have been part of a successful double suicide earlier today. To make matters worse, a potential 16th was spotted on the roof in the picture seen here.

WTF. 15?? 16?? What can i do?

I mean the star trek kind. a device that makes other things like food, computers, general items... stuff like that.

Technically yes, but whatever they made would be made of blocks, and constantly trying to kill you. And to replicate.

Foxconn is substanially raising wages.
Foxconn to up wages again at suicide-hit China plant -  Money - MSN CA

TAIPEI (Reuters) - iPhone maker Foxconn <2038.HK> has offered workers at its Shenzhen manufacturing hub in China a 66 percent performance-based pay rise as it tries to deal with the fallout from a spate suicides there.

Foxconn, owned by Taiwan contract electronics maker Hon Hai Precision Industry <2317.TW>, said on Sunday production line workers would be able to earn 2,000 yuan a month if they pass a three-month performance review. It did not give details of the evaluation process.

XE.com: United States Dollars (USD) to China Yuan Renminbi (CNY) rate

imo thats a really really sad attempt 1 $ american is equal to 6 almost 7 yuan, and they have to pass a 3 month performence test like wtf.

1 yuan is 14 cents american that means after 3 months of performence testing they can make 280$ a month. that is utterly discusting, thing over there arent relatively cheap either. i hear its like 60000$ canadian to buy a house there... our dollar is preaty close to the american one at worst thats 55000$ american rough estimate, how at all in there life time can they ever eve hope to own a home or support a family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom