Intel Plans New Cooler for 'K' CPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaymate

Golden Master
They mention Thermaltake, Zalman and Cooler Master as enthusiast coolers, no mention of Thermalright, Noctua or Prolimatech thou. I'll be on the lookout to try one of these when they release them.

At present, enthusiasts' mind processes are undoubtedly fully tasked with deciding on what six-core CPU to buy and, in case one already owns such a part, they are occupied with finding newer and less transistor-friendly ways to push their clocks over the top. This, of course, includes getting a hold of a suitable cooling solution, considering that reference coolers are hardly strong enough to keep up with the heat generated by overclocking.

Intel Plans New Cooler for 'K' CPUs - To launch in June - Softpedia

eh, they're not bad but they're not that great. Even on 'Q' for 'Quiet' mode, the fan is still very audible. In 'Performance mode' it sounds like a small jet turbine :p

I've got it sitting on my 920 atm, I can get some temps for you if you like.

I want to have one to use for testing/evaluation purposes. I've got a collection going, I should have a used Prolimatech in a week or 2.

Well, as soon as I get a replacement screw set for my old Noctua NH-U12P I can send it your way. Right now however it's the only thing I've got to cool my 920

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom