Here to learn..

TheTonyAnderson

Beta member
Hi, everyone.

My name's Tony and I'm a web designer. I love the work, but I'd like to go into IT. I'm just trying to figure out how to go about it. I'm currently looking at the local college for Computer Information Technology (A.S.).

Any suggestions of what to focus on and/or avoid is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Depends on the market in your area really. Lots of database work around DFW, but it changes anytime you go anywhere else.

I'm hoping the same is true here in Jacksonville, FL. That's really why I'm looking to do something other than web design. Like I said, I love the work and the challenge. But, the money's not really that great. I know I could freelance and charge a premium by the hour, but I need something that's reliable and doesn't involve a 1099 at the end of the year.

Thanks for the input. ☺

Depends on what you want to do mainly. Are you wanting to do networking? Desktop technician? Software development? Database management?

Depends on what you want to do mainly. Are you wanting to do networking? Desktop technician? Software development? Database management?

Sorry for the delay... I'm leaning toward Software Development. After a few quick searches of online job posting sites, I found quite a few reputable companies in town that are hiring.

Back
Top Bottom