Hello from London

Personette

Beta member
Hi...just saying hi to the forum...I`m here to attempt to answer a question about using motherboards...

I have an Acer netbook D255E which contains a PAV70 motherboard...the other ID numbers of the motherboard itself are unknown...the netbook motherboard is faulty and I want to try replacing it with a second hand (working) PAV70 motherboard taken from an Acer Happy One...does anyone know if this is a valid proposal or are there other things to be considered ? ...my limited thinking regarding computers is that if the motherboards are both PAV70 models then it ought to work...is this a valid idea please ?

Hope you can help,

Personette...:)

Hi and Welcome,

Yes you can simply swap them over :)

as long as the mobo is the same model for the netbook it will fit. If it was a PC tower it will be dependant on the mobo form factor and case size.

Last edited:
Hi and Welcome,

Yes you can simply swap them over :)

as long as the mobo is the same model for the netbook it will fit. If it was a PC tower it will be dependant on the mobo form factor and case size.

Hi and thanks for the reply...this is a great help to me as now I can install the motherboard ...this is also a bit of a revelation to me as there are just so many different models of netbook using the PAV70 motherboard...:cool:

Hi and thanks for the reply...this is a great help to me as now I can install the motherboard ...this is also a bit of a revelation to me as there are just so many different models of netbook using the PAV70 motherboard...:cool:

Yeah that mobo was designed for a few netbooks.

Back
Top Bottom