Change Micro SD Size?

jawshawa

Beta member
Hey.
I have this micro SD card that I got for my Go Pro HERO. It is 64gb. Whenever I try to use the Go Pro it says I need a 32gb memory card or less. Could I possibly change the size of the Micro SD to 32gb?

Thanks,
Josh.

Since a new 32GB card is only $10 or so, it seems to me to not be worth the effort (as well as a waste of the 64GB card). Maybe sell the 64GB to a friend and buy a 32GB card.

What type of SD card are you using? I heard that regular class 4 and 6 had trouble recording for the GoPro. Class 10 or UHS-1 would be the way to go. Bout $50+ a pop for those.

Thanks, But Partition Wizard does not work. I changed the partition to 32000 mb, but the gopro still doesn't agree. Could I possibly delete the unallocated space?
Mini_Tool.jpg

What type of SD card are you using? I heard that regular class 4 and 6 had trouble recording for the GoPro. Class 10 or UHS-1 would be the way to go. Bout $50+ a pop for those.
I am using a Sandisk Ultra Micro SD XC i. It is a class 10, but the issue is the size of the SD, not the class. I have the basic version of the gopro. Not the GoPro hero 1,2,3, or 4, just the hero and it only accepts 32gb cards. I recieved the wrong card because it was a chrismas gift.

Josh

Last edited by a moderator:
Your 32GB partition is formatted as NTFS - I'm guessing it can't recognize NTFS...format it as FAT32 and it may work.

No, you can't "delete" the unallocated space, because the space there is still valid since it's a 64GB card.

Your 32GB partition is formatted as NTFS - I'm guessing it can't recognize NTFS...format it as FAT32 and it may work.

No, you can't "delete" the unallocated space, because the space there is still valid since it's a 64GB card.

Thanks, but formatting it to fat32 didn't work either.
Any more suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom