HDD Navigation Update

kushaneng

Beta member
My Car Toyota Allion has HDD Navigation. but the map is only for japan.. i was wondering if there is any tool or a software to update the map on the HDD???? I wanna get SriLanka map in the car audio player..

Simple question, have you checked Toyota? After all their techs can connect to the system. I know my techs updated my dash unit that has GPS. So if they can do it for me and add Canada maps, then they can change the locale.

Does the radio have any sd card or usb port on it? Normally, the map data is stored in the car's HDD, and new map data is available every year around fall. You can purchase it in the form of a USB drive and the dealer will be able to install it for you.

Edit: This may also help too...
How Do You Upgrade a Toyota GPS? | eHow

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
I have actually purchased the map into a SD card but there is no SD card slot in the player.. but there is a fire-wire port to update the HDD ( as shown in this picture. i did some research abouthow to update the HDD and i have come to realise that there is a software from the toyota to do that.. any how i did connect the player in to my laptop via fire-wire port, but it doent respond without the software..

Attachments

• IMG-20121201-00120.jpg
    IMG-20121201-00120.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom