PS4 - THE DOWNSIDES

lastplace09

Fully Optimized
Here is where we talk about the thing PS4 will lack.

I think this will be an interesting exercise because many of us are already on board with getting that sweet Mary Jane of a system...

I'll start-

It doesn't have Forza
Vita interaction won't be like the Wii U

Your PSN games don't transfer. I can understand not having BC for big AAA releases, but most of the PSN games aren't exactly pushing the system to its limits.

Your PSN games don't transfer. I can understand not having BC for big AAA releases, but most of the PSN games aren't exactly pushing the system to its limits.

Not a matter of limits, its a matter of architecture. They'd have to re-code most of the games to get it to work on PS4. PS3 was Cell based, PS4 is x86 based. If there was a PC version, then they could port based off of that and would be a bit easier. Not really the case, however.

Yeah but considering some work with the Vita, and even the PSone games work on the PSP I expect they could at least give us some cross over.

I'm not sure we'll have the supply issues we used to have at launch. Flippers got stuck with their WiiU's last year, and considering how many times they've closed and re-opened pre-orders they must be pretty confident with their supply. I really only have two pre-ordered for insurance, but I wouldn't turning a buck on one of them.

It doesn't have Forza
Vita interaction won't be like the Wii U

Ya, I will miss Forza, and have been a longtime fan since the real Xbox One. I am not 100% sure about Forza 5 though. Drive avatar stuff, and having to check in online and can't play it until you connect online and download the rest of the game. I don't think it'll be a big jump from Forza 4.

What do you mean the Vita won't be like the Wii U? Did some new details come out or do you mean just how seamless the Wii U Gamepad works?

carnage pretty much explained this one, but I wanted to say that Sony mentioned they're looking into ways of allowing BC via streaming. So maybe something positive will come out of it in the next couple of years for PS3+PSN games.

I thought of one, Rider trolling my PSN feed.

I don't really troll that much anymore. No need to be worried.

Back
Top Bottom