Amiibo

lastplace09

Fully Optimized
Since there are soooo many people out there with a wii u, I figured I'd start an Amiibo topic.

I got in on a 3 for 30 deal at toys r us so I got Link, Fox and Yoshi.

It looks like your mileage may vary in different games.

Mario Kart gives you racing suits for your Mii racer.

Hyrule Warriors gives link a new weapon thing that looks like a tricked out Amiibo platform.

Smash Brothers seems to have the best Amiibo goodies with a character that can level up. I'm going to post my impressions on it after I test it out a bit.

Sent from my blast processing t-781.afd Doritto chip from outer space.

I got to play with them this weekend.

Micro review--not what I expected but I love them.

Here are my impressions in a list in no particular order:

1. The concerns about fit and finish aren't of merit. For 10-12 bucks a pop, they are beautiful. That yellow post for link doesn't look nearly as bad in person honestly.

2. I don't collect toys like this but I could very easily see myself buying a few of these per wave.

3. Smash Brothers--it doesn't work the way I think most people thought they would.

4. You don't use your Amiibo in Smash to save progress on a character you personally play, like a sky lander. You save an ally that learns from you. (I like to use items, and it appears that my Amiibo goes after items like flies on stank as a result.) Then you can fight it or have it fight with you.

5. 8 player smash is more awesome with Amiibo hands down.

I found a neat way to get my Amiibo to level 50 in Smash Brothers with Rider last night.

Set the time to 99 minutes and let them fight each other endlessly while I go make out with the girlfriend or eat pizza.

Awwww yeeaaahhhhhh

I saw my local best buy still has the smash bundle. Are you guys playing withe the GameCube adapter? I'm tempted to just pick it up since it seems in short supply right now and I don't know if they plan on restocking.

I saw my local best buy still has the smash bundle. Are you guys playing withe the GameCube adapter? I'm tempted to just pick it up since it seems in short supply right now and I don't know if they plan on restocking.

Smash is just fine on the pro controller...and it is compatible with more games.

Do you have a WiiU? Why aren't we friends!

Back
Top Bottom