Physical Computer Security..

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I was wanting to get some feedback on Physical Computer Security. Since the demise of XP and thus the End of Life for True Crypt I know Microsoft has built in Encryption for Win 7 more than likely being the new best upgrade from XP.

What I'm curious about is the Potential since this is Microsoft I just cant see their not being a Back Door and thus away around the Encryption of Win 7 or 8 for that matter. I have limited interaction with 7 and less with 8 but what got me thing on this subject is I came across a USB Device program to day called Predator thus what locks you PC unless the USB Device is plugged in being a Thumb Drive.

I honestly think that with True Crypt for security for XP they had it nailed with that program, but I just cant believe their isn't a way around 7 and Win 8.

If I have my system Fully Encrypted threw True Crypt on XP and thus a program like predator, you would have to admit its pretty secure from everyday thieves unless the take out the hard drive in the Tower or System.

My point being is their a back door to 7 and 8, and I think the next Ver. of Windows being 9 if anyone has heard anything, rumors ect!

There's always rumors about Windows having backdoors for government spying and such. Whether they're true or not is another question.

There's also rumors about Microsoft's drive encryption (BitLocker) having backdoors available for government use as well.

I read somewhere that the NSA uses sound to talk to computers not connected to the internet, it plays sound above or below human hearing, and the offline computer's built in microphones pic it up, and they talk to each other in code through sound, I am trying to find out where I read this, but cant. I just read it a few days ago too.

I was wanting to get some feedback on Physical Computer Security. Since the demise of XP and thus the End of Life for True Crypt I know Microsoft has built in Encryption for Win 7 more than likely being the new best upgrade from XP.

What I'm curious about is the Potential since this is Microsoft I just cant see their not being a Back Door and thus away around the Encryption of Win 7 or 8 for that matter. I have limited interaction with 7 and less with 8 but what got me thing on this subject is I came across a USB Device program to day called Predator thus what locks you PC unless the USB Device is plugged in being a Thumb Drive.

I honestly think that with True Crypt for security for XP they had it nailed with that program, but I just cant believe their isn't a way around 7 and Win 8.

If I have my system Fully Encrypted threw True Crypt on XP and thus a program like predator, you would have to admit its pretty secure from everyday thieves unless the take out the hard drive in the Tower or System.

My point being is their a back door to 7 and 8, and I think the next Ver. of Windows being 9 if anyone has heard anything, rumors ect!
You know you can use Truecrypt for 7 and 8 too, right?

I read somewhere that the NSA uses sound to talk to computers not connected to the internet, it plays sound above or below human hearing, and the offline computer's built in microphones pic it up, and they talk to each other in code through sound, I am trying to find out where I read this, but cant. I just read it a few days ago too.
Sounds more applicable for laptops if it's true.

There's always rumors about Windows having backdoors for government spying and such. Whether they're true or not is another question.

There's also rumors about Microsoft's drive encryption (BitLocker) having backdoors available for government use as well.

Chances are its probably true IMO due to the face that this is Microsoft and Money is everything in America. What I'm saying is Money counts for 99% of a Good Life over their so Yeah their probs is due to the fact and for the sake of Security.

You know you can use Truecrypt for 7 and 8 too, right?

To be honest No I didn't. I only thought it was limited to XP due to OS environment ECT:

Back
Top Bottom