Hacker

Oleno

Solid State Member
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I didn't know where else to post this.

My brother plays a game online with his friends, and this one guy is always making his game crash. I don't know if he's DDoSing my brother or what, but I know that it's slowing down our internet connection on all of our computers. I know his dad works on the hospital's network so he might have taught a few things or two to his son. My brother decided to block him on skype but somehow he always joins the call without getting invited in the call.

I was wondering if anyone could give some tips on how I could stop him from slowing down our internet and crashing my brother game. Any help would be appreciated.

My brother plays Spiral Knight, Minecraft, and Dragon Nest. It doesn't matter which game he plays this guy is always making him crash. When I used to play WOW sometimes I noticed my ping would go from 100 ms to 2000 ms for a few seconds during arenas. So he might of had something to do with it.

If you're being DDoS'd and you know who it is...then file a police report and/or contact your country's equivalent of the FBI. DDoS'ing is still highly illegal (at least here in the US).

If your ping is jumping that could also be just your internet. Does your router or modem have any build-in method of monitoring active connections? If so you could use that to see if the connections are active could be impacting performance. The "hacker" could be just spitting air conveniently when your internet is burdened by another user at your house.

Actually, if you called the cops on him for doing something highly illegal it should teach him a big life lesson. Don't be a douchebag. :rolleyes:

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

Just because he's 15 doesn't mean he shouldn't know better.

Actually, if you called the cops on him for doing something highly illegal it should teach him a big life lesson. Don't be a douchebag. :rolleyes:

Don't be a douche bag. There's nothing wrong with wanting to solve my own problems. I rather try and come up with a solution and learn something out of it so I know how to deal with it if it happens again. Going to the cops would be one solution, but it's not like i'm going to learn anything out of it.

Anyway, I know his IP address so I was wondering if there's a way to block my computer from receiving packets from a specific IP. I'm guessing that would be in my router settings.

If your ping is jumping that could also be just your internet. Does your router or modem have any build-in method of monitoring active connections? If so you could use that to see if the connections are active could be impacting performance. The "hacker" could be just spitting air conveniently when your internet is burdened by another user at your house.

I don't see any monitoring tools in my router homepage, but I could probably download one and check to see if that's the problem. I doubt that it's my connection because it only starts spiking when my brother is on skype with him, and my mom is using another connection. So it's not like we're torrenting or downloading at the same time. I even checked the list of connected devices on our router and there's only my laptop and my brothers PC. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Don't be a douche bag. There's nothing wrong with wanting to solve my own problems. I rather try and come up with a solution and learn something out of it so I know how to deal with it if it happens again. Going to the cops would be one solution, but it's not like i'm going to learn anything out of it.

Anyway, I know his IP address so I was wondering if there's a way to block my computer from receiving packets from a specific IP. I'm guessing that would be in my router settings.

I don't see any monitoring tools in my router homepage, but I could probably download one and check to see if that's the problem. I doubt that it's my connection because it only starts spiking when my brother is on skype with him, and my mom is using another connection. So it's not like we're torrenting or downloading at the same time. I even checked the list of connected devices on our router and there's only my laptop and my brothers PC. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Check in your router's firewall settings if you can block a specific IP. Though if if changes his IP or is behind a proxy or VPN, then it will be a fruitless effort.

Sent from my HTC One

Back
Top Bottom