Shadow of Mordor

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Well, although early we are finally starting to see the trend the newer consoles hardware is starting to make. The one thing I'm really getting ****ed at is the "recommended" of these newer titles. You don't need an i7, you need an i5. Arg.

I do like how they have a 670 and 7970, made me giggle a bit. It doesn't appear to be a TWIMTBP title either.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/09/m...rements-announced-are-higher-than-watch-dogs/

SO , Basically your saying that any i5 will work fine? OR any 4 core over 3.4?

The GPU requirement is very high- Maybe they are in league with the video card manufacturers? Scaring everyone into buying a new GPU ?? If the requirement is accurate I think that will limit the sales as many PC players do not have a $300 GPU in their PC.

Basically any i5 will work. They have the 750 listed as minimum but have lesser GPUs than recommended. I would be willing to bet an i3 with a good GPU will still work just fine.

I do believe that they may be trying to push sales, but if you think about it I don't see how that would benefit the publisher/developer trying to push steeper requirements. Having a good GPU for higher settings sounds reasonable, but the CPU requirements are just stupid IMO. Having steep requirements does deter those not in the know so it could sway possible purchasers. We'll just have to see.

I heard this game came under controversy because they stole some of the code from AC for the movements, climbing, and combat.

I bet this is very overdone with regards to hardware specs. I will be getting this game and I will test it with a I5 4670k, AMD Phenom 975, and lastly an Athlon II 635 Propus. I will also be using various video cards. I bet the 635 will run it fine with an HD 7850/TI 550 Boost as long as you lower in game resolutions a notch and no AA/AF etc, and of course not using ultra settings just high.

I would say post with your results but I have a feeling all of us might forget about this thread by the time October comes around. I'm more interested in testing out Watch Dogs CPU usage.

Back
Top Bottom