More than 6GB of RAM?

Druid

Fully Optimized
Are you guys seeing a performance improvement in going higher?

I just upgraded from 285's to a 970, and I am wondering if I should upgrade the ram as well. I'm seeing a lot of recommended requirements on games being 8GB, but, as we all know, sometimes they are just bluffing.

I haven't bought any new pc games recently, so I can't really test it.

Depends on your usage - if you it your max on a regular basis then yes upgrade your memory. If you constantly use far less than your max then you'll just be wasting your money.

Depends on your usage - if you it your max on a regular basis then yes upgrade your memory. If you constantly use far less than your max then you'll just be wasting your money.

Well, the thing is, I would like to get some more memory before they stop making DDR3 and prices go through the roof.

I don't recommend anything under 32GB of RAM. If you wanna be the best of the best and celebrate being pc master race than you must have AT LEAST 32GB of RAM and maybe even do 64GB to future proof.

Just kidding, you should be fine.

Heck I want 128 gigs, gotta get some more DDR3 too, picking up a I7 920 with a MB cheap but it's coming with only gigs, depending on the speed of the 4 I may just get the triple channel kit for it, But if the 4 is decent speed (1333 or better) I,ll just get 4 more to match.

LOL, I'm still on a 32 bit system; I have had to alter some memory settings to keep a few games from crashing(8gigs ram, just upgraded to 16, gonna upgrade my system), the recommended settings are for optimum stability and performance.

LOL, I'm still on a 32 bit system; I have had to alter some memory settings to keep a few games from crashing(8gigs ram, just upgraded to 16, gonna upgrade my system), the recommended settings are for optimum stability and performance.

You are aware that a 32 bit OS will not address any more than 4Gb?

Back
Top Bottom