MechWarrior Online

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
So... I got into the closed beta for the game. I received my email yesterday and I loaded up the client earlier today. I finally got to play a little tonight.

I can tell you that I suck at it so far. I only got to play a couple of matches and went out really quick both times. The handling of the 'Mech is really different as is how you aim and fire.

So far I have only put together one 'mech. It is a Hunchback that I modified by replacing the AC20 with a PPC. Obviously that wasn't a great idea. I may try to play some more in the next few days to see what else I can come up with. I am under a NDA so I can't do screenshots or video.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn you!!!
I have been signed up since they opened it up and my status has always been pending. Yea if you can I would get a joystick. Helps a ton with mech games.

I actually played the tabletop Battletech game and then moved into the RPG MechWarrior. I played one of the early versions of the video games way back when and have always liked the premise of the game.

I'm in too. I've been playing it all week and its really great! I need some people to play in a group with though, I'm getting tired of getting matched up w/ randoms against a group of all clan members on the same teamspeak server !

I started the series with Battletech on the CM64. My second ever PC game I played was Mechwarrior 2 on my dads 386. I had to learn DOS commands for that and Descent. Probably why I don't mind DOSBox at all.

I bought the founders pack 2 or 3 weeks back and so far have played for 10 minutes and didn't like it much at all.

I really should stick with it for a while and see how it goes because I played the originals loads when I was a small kid.

But yeah it seemed totally meh for the first 10 minutes.

I absolutely am loving this game. You can tell they are really doing this the right way... I am surprised at how stable and well performing it is already. I can't even seem to recreate any of the the very few and minor bugs that barely ever happen. I feel kind of irresponsible in having nothing bad to report lol

There is so much customization in this game (and I don't mean cosmetic) that I can't see me getting bored anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom