Horrible screen tearing (Borderlands 2 mostly)

Dalinkwent726

Baseband Member
I have been playing Borderlands 2 for a couple weeks now (level 18) and just recently it started screen tearing to the point that it effects me actually getting shots on the AI. I played up until you first meet Mordecai with no problems then all of a sudden, POOF! screen tearing. I bumped my FPS cap to 50, it was already capped at 60 since my monitor is 60hz, and that didn't do anything. So just for the LoLz I capped my FPS at 30 and I am still getting this terrible tearing.

Some things that I have done: Updated my Nvidia drivers to 320.18 which seemed to compound the problem; then switched back to 320.14, I tried d3doverrider and that didn't do anything, I also enabled triple buffering and Vsync (both adaptive and on) through my Nvidia control panel; and in-game as well.

If you have any questions feel free to ask I will try to answer them to the best of my ability, thanks.

I tried installing the 320.18 the other night and have been crashing constantly. Glad to see it's not just me having issues with this driver. Back to the 320 beta I guess.

I tried installing the 320.18 the other night and have been crashing constantly. Glad to see it's not just me having issues with this driver. Back to the 320 beta I guess.
I suggest just going back to the previous WHQL. I had the same issues trying to review on a 680 with the 320s and lots of CTD. 320s are just terrible.

320s I have noticed are buggy, and appear to be rushed for the 780. Roll back to the last stable WHQL 314s.

I suggest just going back to the previous WHQL. I had the same issues trying to review on a 680 with the 320s and lots of CTD. 320s are just terrible.

Thanks I'll give it a try, and see what happens.

Edit* I went back to the 314.22 drivers and played about 10-15 minutes and I haven't experienced any severe tearing. Thanks again PP. On a side note I wonder if the 320 drivers have been causing all my severe stuttering problems in MLL? I will have to check that out.....

Last edited:

Crossing my fingers that its these new 320.XX drivers causing these problems. Are you going back to 314.XX, or to 320.14?

I have played with the card overclocked, and at default, and I still get the same problem. I just assumed I messed something up during the OC, but no, it does it either way.
That particular card should come with a stock OC which could also need a bump in volts, but I have my money on those drivers.

For future reference, there is a multi-quote and edit button.

Welp, I went back to the 320 beta and was still getting crashes, guess it's back to 314 when I get home. Also, PP I borrowed my 30" hp from work and tried it out with the surround, same errors as before. 2 -exact- identical monitors with a brand new dell and can't span. I think I'm done with Nvidia after this 690. Been red team for the past 3 generations and never had an issue, switch back to Nvidia and it's nothing but problems.

Back
Top Bottom