Fraps sound problem ~ Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerhouse

Baseband Member
I know how to use fraps and all. And the problem I am having does not occur on my other computer. The problem I am having is recording and getting no sound. I have "Record Sound" checked & "Detect best sound input." (even checked, still does not work) Sound device says my sound card & sound input says "microphone."

The odd thing about the other computer that rec is, the monitor has a intergrated microphone on it. I was thinking, "Do you need a microphone to record sound?" Then if so, would a USB Mic work?

lol, I am not gonna write down too much atm. But I hope someone knows of this and can help me resolve the problem.

I have same exact problem, my fraps uses my microphone as best sound input so yea i just use the mic and put it close to the speakers lol, i cant seem to change it from mic to jsut recording from the computer

There's a setting in your sound card drivers that should allow you to record the game sound without a microphone set up next to your speaker. For example, in my mobo's realtek HD audio control panel, it has the option to select which output is recorded, and you can choose any combination of microphone, stereo output, etc.

If worst comes to worst, you could buy a cable that has the 3.5mm connector on both ends. Plug one end in to the mic jack, the other into the output jack, then you'll have to tweak the output and recording volume to get it to work just right. That's what I had to do with my old computer because there wasn't a control panel for its integrated sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom