FarCry 2 DX9 vs. DX10 Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
FarCry 2 DX9 vs. DX10 Performance

Our FarCry 2 DX9 vs. DX10 Performance evaluation is online today and, prepare to be shocked, DX10 mode actually outperforms DX9 mode! You read that right, and sometimes the performance increase is as much as twenty percent. Hit the link and get all the juicy details.

All we can leave you with is this, FarCry 2 supports DX10, and in Windows Vista with the latest DX10 video cards from AMD and NVIDIA you will receive higher framerates using DX10 mode. FarCry 2 is the first game to impress us with its DirectX 10 performance, actually providing up to a 20% performance advantage with antialiasing enabled.

im impressed and about time too to see a game actually get a hefty performance increase when switching over to DX10. Keep in mind that Ubisoft stated that they are not using the full power of DX10.1.

using DX10 in any game isnt bad unless u have faster hardware to keep games at a higher fps, i always put Crysis Warhead at DX10. I tried switching to DX9 n hardly saw any if not maybe 2-3 fps increase overall from DX10. Really, hardly a difference from my computer.

Yeah same for warhead with me. the few fps you gain isnt even worth the visual hit in my case.

As for FC2, that's pretty cool. I never tried DX9 because 10 ran at vsync 90% of the time. Can't say I've played it lately since it still crashes every 30 min. :p

Yeah same for warhead with me. the few fps you gain isnt even worth the visual hit in my case.

As for FC2, that's pretty cool. I never tried DX9 because 10 ran at vsync 90% of the time. Can't say I've played it lately since it still crashes every 30 min. :p

i got Crysis: Special Edition for $20 at Gamestop on Black Friday. Love the soundtrack, havent played the game yet, only updated it to patch 1.21.

wtf... I thought it was just me...
made me just ran 10 hours of memtest/prime95 again last night to double check

eh. just google farcry 2 crash. hundreds of people have same problem. even people running top end rigs. I don't have any clue why it's happening. Makes no sense.

I'm gonna reformat and install a different copy of windows sooner or later, it just really sucks transferring 800GB of crap to another HD so ii been putting it off.
Probably wont help the crashes anyway.

I don't find that to be true. I can't even get more than 15 fps in dx10 on high @ 1440x900 but dx9 high I get easily 35fps

just tested this out
average of 3 runs

DX10
Settings: Demo(Playback (Demo Ranch)), 1680x1050 (60Hz), D3D10, Fixed Time Step(Yes), Disable Artificial Intelligence(No), Full Screen, Anti-Aliasing(4x), VSync(No), Overall Quality(Very High), Vegetation(Very High), Shading(Very High), Terrain(Very High), Geometry(Very High), Post FX(High), Texture(Very High), Shadow(Very High), Ambient(High), Hdr(Yes), Bloom(Yes), Fire(Very High), Physics(Very High), RealTrees(Very High)

• Average Framerate: 30.90
  • Max. Framerate: 37.42
  • Min. Framerate: 26.40
DX9
Settings: Demo(Playback (Demo Ranch)), 1680x1050 (60Hz), D3D9, Fixed Time Step(Yes), Disable Artificial Intelligence(No), Full Screen, Anti-Aliasing(4x), VSync(No), Overall Quality(Very High), Vegetation(Very High), Shading(Very High), Terrain(Very High), Geometry(Very High), Post FX(High), Texture(Very High), Shadow(Very High), Ambient(High), Hdr(Yes), Bloom(Yes), Fire(Very High), Physics(Very High), RealTrees(Very High)

• Average Framerate: 30.18
  • Max. Framerate: 36.68
  • Min. Framerate: 24.68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom