Battlefield 2142 profile

elsey05

Beta member
I know its an old game, but my youngest wanted to play so I installed it on my new pc(old, moved to all tabs and laptops now) anyway, I installed the game but am unable to login because the ea servers for this game are no longer online. I cant even create a new account to play on. The game has to register the profile before it can be played.

I've pulled out my old HD and found the profile on it from my old pc and tried to copy it to the correct location on the new one. When I do I get a permissions issue that says "Access is denied". I know I need to take ownership of the file on my old hd to the new one. Both are running win XP with SP3 (I hate win8 its on all my laptops). I right click on the profiles within the battlefield 2142 folder and go to properties but I do not have the securities tab to allow me to take ownership of the file.

The HD the file is on that I need is the HD out of my old pc I ran the game off of, that machine died so I yanked the hd and trashed the rest so I have everything I need to play the game I just need to get it onto the correct machine and I need permissions to do that. Can someone walk me through how to do this.

I know its an old game, but my youngest wanted to play so I installed it on my new pc(old, moved to all tabs and laptops now) anyway, I installed the game but am unable to login because the ea servers for this game are no longer online. I cant even create a new account to play on. The game has to register the profile before it can be played.

I've pulled out my old HD and found the profile on it from my old pc and tried to copy it to the correct location on the new one. When I do I get a permissions issue that says "Access is denied". I know I need to take ownership of the file on my old hd to the new one. Both are running win XP with SP3 (I hate win8 its on all my laptops). I right click on the profiles within the battlefield 2142 folder and go to properties but I do not have the securities tab to allow me to take ownership of the file.

The HD the file is on that I need is the HD out of my old pc I ran the game off of, that machine died so I yanked the hd and trashed the rest so I have everything I need to play the game I just need to get it onto the correct machine and I need permissions to do that. Can someone walk me through how to do this.

With XP, you need to be in Safe Mode to get the Security tab to come up for folders.

If you plug the HDD into one of the Win8 machines as a secondary drive, the Security tab should show up without needing to be in Safe Mode.

Back
Top Bottom