South Park: The Stick of Truth (Dec 10th)

Rider

Destroyer of Borst's Mom
I think I had a post on the old GH forums about this game. I've been anxiously awaiting a quality South Park game since the 90s.

Developed by Obsidian Entertainment and South Park Studios and published by Ubisoft after they bought it from THQ. Trey and Matt approached Obsidian to work on the project. They're also doing all of the writing and voice acting like on their show. They're also very involved in the project and I think I read somewhere where they have to sign off on ideas and tweaks by Obsidian.

Obsidian really captured the look and feel of South Park, which is very evident in the trailers. I'm hoping the game has some decent length to it like ajacks does in the pants.

There is a new trailer out for it and it releases Dec 10th. Not sure if I can get it at launch so close to the PS4 launch...but I probably will.

South Park

We were talking about this game at some point, somewhere in the past. I am really looking forward to it as well and hope it is worth the wait the delays have caused. It sounds awesome.

We were talking about this game at some point, somewhere in the past. I am really looking forward to it as well and hope it is worth the wait the delays have caused. It sounds awesome.

Ya can't remember where, oh well.

But I am probably gonna get it on the PC if it has native controller support.

Yeah I am thinking, as long as what has previously been claimed about the game, that this game is going to rock. Full on RPG elements but set in the SP world? Yes, please!

I have absoultly no interest in a south park rpg I think it sounds like a terrible idea. If it comes out and actaully is good I will give it a shot though just cause I do like a good rpg

I think normal game dev time is 2-3 years. So, this is within 2 years and the this is while they switched publishers. Not seeing your argument, lastplace.

@slay - I am iffy on Obsidian, but the level of involved with Trey and Matt has sold me on the game. It looks awesome.

I have absoultly no interest in a south park rpg I think it sounds like a terrible idea. If it comes out and actaully is good I will give it a shot though just cause I do like a good rpg

What about it doesn't interest you? Do you not like SP? The RPG elements/stats/leveling were compared to D&D, so no issues there. Dragon Age: Origins character progression was based on D&D as well.

This is going to be another game that I wait for to go on sale. It's a great concept, but most South Park games in the past have been flops, and the fact that THQ started it, folded, the game sat in purgatory, and then Obsidian picked up the scraps makes me cautious about the quality.

I'll already have GTA, NHL, Batman, and about 3 or 4 more games on demand titles in my backlog to keep me busy for the time being. I'll start looking next gen in early 2014 as well, so it's not a huge priority for me to squeeze in. I hope it turns out well though because I have been wanting a really good South Park game for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom