Open NAT for PS4

Wes Mantooth 26

Fully Optimized
I am having issues with party connections on ps4. I am getting messages that my NAT may be restricted. It is set at Type 2 moderate so it should be fine. How in the hell do I set the NAT to open on PS4? I have the Verizon MI424WR rev I router. Help a homie out. I can log in but have no idea what to do once I am logged into the router's IP address.

Last edited:
Put your PS4 in your router's DMZ (Demilitarized zone). That'll be the easiest thing to do. Make sure to set your PS4 up with a static IP that's within your network's subnet range; i.e. if your router's IP is 192.168.1.1, then you would set your PS4's IP to something like 192.168.1.X, where X is not a currently used IP - could probably set it to something like 192.168.1.20 and be fine.

As far as where it is in the settings.. you'll have to dig around because a lot of the the layout can vary from brand to brand. Will probably be somewhere in the Security or Firewall section, I'm guessing.

Put your PS4 in your router's DMZ (Demilitarized zone). That'll be the easiest thing to do. Make sure to set your PS4 up with a static IP that's within your network's subnet range; i.e. if your router's IP is 192.168.1.1, then you would set your PS4's IP to something like 192.168.1.X, where X is not a currently used IP - could probably set it to something like 192.168.1.20 and be fine.

As far as where it is in the settings.. you'll have to dig around because a lot of ththe layout can vary from brand to brand. Will probably be somewhere in the Security or Firewall section, I'm guessing.

Thanks for the quick reply. Now I just need someone who can translate for me...jk.

The PS4 's IP is 168.192.1.5. How do I put it in my router's DMZ or is it already there? I was able to find the static NAT screen and select the PS4 IP but I wasn't sure if I should select the allow port forwarding box and there was another drop down box asking me to select all broadband devices, wired LAN, etc. Why does this shiznus have to be so confusing...

I just found the user's manual for the router. Designating the PS4 as the DMZ host is easy. I am not exposing the rest of my home network by doing this, right?

Edit: Verizon is recommending this also. You da man. Only negative is I will be able to hear Omo and weaponofchoice talk now....

Last edited:
No problem. You should be fine putting it in the DMZ. If you do want it behind the firewall still, then you'll have to figure out the ports that the game(s) are using and individually forward them to your PS4's IP.

BTW, make sure you set that 192.168.1.5 IP to static, otherwise next time you boot up your PS4 it could possibly have a different IP if another device on your network takes it.

I am having issues with party connections on ps4. I am getting messages that my NAT may be restricted. It is set at Type 2 moderate so it should be fine. How in the hell do I set the NAT to open on PS4? I have the Verizon MI424WR rev I router. Help a homie out. I can log in but have no idea what to do once I am logged into the router's IP address.

you could also try not to be in a party with Borst or Slay cause they still use dial up modems of the war games variety where you have to put the actual phone on the modem

No problem. You should be fine putting it in the DMZ. If you do want it behind the firewall still, then you'll have to figure out the ports that the game(s) are using and individually forward them to your PS4's IP.

BTW, make sure you set that 192.168.1.5 IP to static, otherwise next time you boot up your PS4 it could possibly have a different IP if another device on your network takes it.

Ok. I am assuming this is done under the network tab? I'll check the manual.

you could also try not to be in a party with Borst or Slay cause they still use dial up modems of the war games variety where you have to put the actual phone on the modem

mine actually more like an enders game set up it pretty pimp. best friend

Back
Top Bottom