The Golf Club

Omoplata

Golden Master
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/t...014/08/19/game-informer-golf-club-review.aspx

For those that can't get to that link or don't feel like reading, I'll do a synopsis. Basically the game looks really good (XBone version actually looks crappier though) and the course creation tool is great. You can create each hole/course using a macro tool or go into small details, like placing specific trees for instance. The big issue people are having with the game is that there is absolutely zero player progression. You create your player and that is that. No experience, no unlocks, no attributes. Everyone is on the exact same level. While that is a good thing because it prevents unbalanced matches, it causes the game to feel pretty hollow and shallow. No word on whether or not they intend to add a career mode or something later on.

Pretty disappointed.

Last edited:
Isn't this basically an early-access game on Steam still? But it's coming out to consoles already?

The concept sounds nice on paper, but unless you're big into building your own courses I'd say just jump on GTA V and golf there with a few friends.

Isn't this basically an early-access game on Steam still? But it's coming out to consoles already?

It was supposed to come out on Xbone, PS4 and PC on Tuesday, but for some reason (licensing or something) PS4 was delayed until the end of the month.

The concept sounds nice on paper, but unless you're big into building your own courses I'd say just jump on GTA V and golf there with a few friends.

It actually sounds almost identical to GTA V's golf. Then again even in GTA V you had some character stat progression. I think it has a lot of potential, but the omission of the career mode or stats and rewards really detracts from the game. It is early, but users have it at 6.6 on Metacritic.

Damn. I was hoping this game would be legit. It does sound like a true golf sim and I am ok without player progression but at least have equipment unlocks. Did it talk about online mode bc that was supposed to be a bug selling point? The videos I watched weren't very impressive in the graphics or sound department. Very last gen looking.

Damn. I was hoping this game would be legit. It does sound like a true golf sim and I am ok without player progression but at least have equipment unlocks. Did it talk about online mode bc that was supposed to be a bug selling point? The videos I watched weren't very impressive in the graphics or sound department. Very last gen looking.

It didn't say anything about online, but I expect that will be as advertised prior to launch. I am going to keep my eye on it to see if I can find anything about the online modes because I know they were supposed to have clubhouses you can make for you and your friends. I am not giving up on it completely, I am just be cautious as usual.

Ok...I looked into the user reviews, which currently stand at 6.1, and realized that they are all either 10's or 1's & 2's. The 10's look like complete BS. The others look like legit reviews that list a ton of problems. The game sounds like it is almost unplayable. Avoid this like the plague and hope they fix it.

Ok...I looked into the user reviews, which currently stand at 6.1, and realized that they are all either 10's or 1's & 2's. The 10's look like complete BS. The others look like legit reviews that list a ton of problems. The game sounds like it is almost unplayable. Avoid this like the plague and hope they fix it.

The 6.1 avg is probably an accurate score after all. Clap Handz is working on a new Hot Shots Golf game anyway.

I would love a decent golf course build mode, kinda like LBP or Modnation Racing's build modes, come up with some crazy stuff. Does it have the ability to share the courses you design?

Back
Top Bottom