Dollar an hour rule

lastplace09

Fully Optimized
Who came up with this rule? Is it something that we all agreed on?

Does anyone else have a way to justify value in a game?

For me...I don't necessary think "dollars per hour" but I certainly feel like if it takes less than 30 hours to plat, I've wasted my $60.

Sent from my blast processing t-781.afd Doritto chip from outer space.

Who came up with this rule? Is it something that we all agreed on?

Does anyone else have a way to justify value in a game?

For me...I don't necessary think "dollars per hour" but I certainly feel like if it takes less than 30 hours to plat, I've wasted my $60.

Sent from my blast processing t-781.afd Doritto chip from outer space.

I don't know if anyone else thought this way. That's just how I used to look at things. I think, bottom line, what justifies any purchase is the enjoyment you get out of it.

I rarely ever play a game for 60 hours.

40 is the most ever for me. With the exception of fall out I get tired after 40.

I'm not at 35 for da and getting itchy.

For far cry 4 I had I'm 40. Finished the story and never went back trophy hunting.

I think for me the sweet spot is about 25 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using tiny buttons. Sorry for the misspellings. Busy managing Dragon Age's terrible inventory system.

Well now that I'm pinching pennies I'm definitely looking at games from a most bang for my buck point of view. This year is going to be huge for games and there's no way I can buy all of them at $60. It's easier to see the value in a longer game in my current situation. The only $60 <40 hours campaign game I'll be buying this year will be metal gear.

The only time I ever bought a game at full price was Madden 15, it was hard to do but I'm a hardcore fan.
Usually they go on sale once before the release or a week or two after.

I would not want to pay more than $40 for a brand new game.
If it's been out for a year or two, 20-30 bucks.

I recently preordered Mario Party 10 and KH3 for about $40 and was happy about it.

IMO it's a combination of cost / hour of gameplay, replayability potential, and how much I actually enjoy the game. I don't go for achievements or anything like that, either.

IMO it's a combination of cost / hour of gameplay, replayability potential, and how much I actually enjoy the game. I don't go for achievements or anything like that, either.

ill just quote this because its what i said too

I refuse to put a dollar an hour limit on my enjoyment. I've paid full price for games that were only 8 hours I loved and full price for games that lasted 80 hours that were a drag.

Back
Top Bottom