Laptop to Vizio smart tv wirelessly need help - Tech & Computer Forums

Go Back   Tech & Computer Forums > Computer Technology > Computer Audio and Multimedia
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Laptop to Vizio smart tv wirelessly need help

I am trying to connect my laptop to my new vizio smart tv wirelessly, i dont know how to go about it but i have my laptop, which can pick up wireless, my tv that can pick up wireless, and my wireless router.

I've never done this before, so would it be possible to connect my laptop to tv useing the wireless router or something? i want to be able to use my laptop and have everything on the tv screen aswell. So i can play my World of Warcraft on a 53"

Old 03-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Laptop to Vizio smart tv wirelessly need help

Most wireless streaming devices require you to use a USB dongle that functions as an antenna to send signals to a receiver box, which can be plugged into your TV. The exception from the rule is Intel’s Wireless Display technology, which is already built into a number of Windows laptops, meaning you won’t need to plug anything into your USB port. If you have a Mac then a Veebeam is a good one to try out. If you already have a windows laptop then you should buy a Netgear Push2TV.