How to import old homemade playlists into iTunes to make managing your media players easy

EricB

Chillin Techie
How to import old homemade playlists into iTunes to make managing your media players easy. I hate the fact iTunes in the past 6-7 years or so don't pick up your old playlists that you specifically made for your media player (Ipad, Iphone, Ipod) especially ones that you created with them. I use Windows Media Payer to make mines. This way you can add the same music to the same players if you want

I also hate the wmp scatters their playlist everywhere. But you can manually save them to your own folder called playlist in your music folder so you can have them again if you have to reformat your computer. Make sure you save them in the M3U format that iTunes can recognize. Make iTunes the default player for open those file.

You take and drop and rag songs to your playlist in WMP, you hit list option, then save list as, click the drop down box and save type as M3U. You can even save your WMP wpl files to m3u. You clear your playlist in wmp, then drag the wpl file over, then hit save as and change the extension to M3U.

Now when you finish you have to manually click on on each file so that Itunes pick it up and save it as a playlist. Again in 2005-6 Itunes automatically picked these playlists up, so why not now?

Back
Top Bottom