Video Codec Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandre88

In Runtime
Hi everyone,

I currently have a Samsung SMX-F50BN Camcorder. It records in Mp4 H.264 Codec or however it is written.

I would like to do some editing with the videos I've made using Adobe After Effects CS5. However, I don't believe After Effects works with H264 codecs from the little bit I've read. I need to convert it to a different codec from the little bit of reading I've done.

I am going to need some sort of Video Codec Converter I am assuming so I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good one? It doesn't need to be a free one, even though that would be nice, but if there is one that is well worth the money and won't break the bank I wouldn't mind spending a little bit on it.

Thanks in advance.

If you had CUDA I would recommend Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate, great program, it LOVES cude capable machines, not sure of the alternatives for ATI systems, but with you having i7's, Xilisoft would work fine. Or if you wanna try handbrake, that's a free one.

If you had CUDA I would recommend Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate, great program, it LOVES cude capable machines, not sure of the alternatives for ATI systems, but with you having i7's, Xilisoft would work fine. Or if you wanna try handbrake, that's a free one.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'd heard Xilisoft was pretty good. I'll probably give it a shot but any other suggestions would of course be very appreciated.

FFmpeg is the best I've used. It's command-line based, but it is awesome, and it's free. If you don't like the command-line part of it, there are several gui versions like AVANTI - FFmpeg/Avisynth GUI

Edit: It doesn't support GPU's though, just uses the CPU. I can assist with the command if you'd like, I use it all the time. Which codec do you want to convert it to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom