Corrupt Micro SD Card + Recovery Softwear issues.

dunphero

Beta member
Please if anyone can help me with my troubles I will be unbelievably grateful as this is this is really stressing me out. I have a micro sd card with 3 years worth of photos on, including photos of a loved one who has passed away, and family holiday photos etc.
Only used in my phone I was met with the message one day that it needs formatting. Obviously not wanting to loose my data ive attempted multiple data recovery programmes such as recuva but all fail, often giving the message "Unable to determine file system type".

Please tell me theres a way of recovering my data? even if it comes at a price.

thank you, kurt

As I know, the “not formatted error' often indicates memory card problems. That could be really dangerous for your card data. So, it is really right for you not to format this card and begin to restore your wanted card data back.

So, in your case, you can keep on trying some data recovery tools like 4Card Recovery, PhotoRec and iCare Data Recovery Free, etc, to get back your data.

Or you can directly ask professional data recovery service, such as some experts or data recovery companies.

Note:
Never save new thing on this card in case of data loss.
Never forget to make card data backups again in the future.

I had a similar problem with a brand new 128 GB Micro SD card I purchsed for a photoshoot this past weekend. Since I was planning to shoot in RAW+JPG, I wanted to make sure I had a large enough SD card to fit the files, and initially for the first set, had few problems, although when I started getting CARD ERROR messages, switched the card to the other 128 GB SD card and had no CARD ERROR messages until after shooting the last shot. At one point, I switched from shooting RAW+JPG to just JPG since it was taking a long time for files to write, and was able to review images that were shot and show them to the client, but now that I'm trying to verify the images on the camera and computer, noticed that the files are not displaying and giving me error messages that FILE HEADER CAN'T BE FOUND, wrong file type, missing data or corrupt. After some searching online and checking details of the image, it appears the EXIF data was stripped off the images in question. I don't know how images can be viewable and then suddenly unable to view, but it happened. I have used this camera for 3 years without a problem, and think it could simply be that writing RAW and then switching to JPG could have been an issue, or that the SD card wasn't quality.

My question is: Is there a way to edit the EXIF to add data so that the images can be viewed? Is there some software that would allow me to do that in batches or at least edit properly so that data can be recovered? I have tried data recovery software and as yet, have even tried recovery software on the SD card without success. I am hesitant to delete the files off the card and then try recovery software even though I do have the images backed up, although, none viewable. What would be the best solution to recover these files that I've seen previously, but for some reason, can no longer display? Are they even recoverable? I am somewhat tech savvy, but have never come across this particular problem before and am at wit's end...

Back
Top Bottom