A Sneek Peek To My New Program!!! (in development stage)

zaka100

W͂Oͨ̍̍̒̈́͛̕
Hello, I am making a program called Cape 1P in python 3.4. Ive been working on it for a few months alongside learning python. It uses the tkinter module for gui (tkinter is basically tcl/tk in python).

Now, you may ask, what is Cape 1P? Well, I am just answering a question I asked myself but it is basically a program that pretends to be an operating system and executes a special '.1P' file (a bit like .exe executable for windows). In the end, I want the program to be available on: *nix, Windows, OSX, OS/2. I also want the program to be available on old operating systems like win95 and OS/2. The ability to open '.1P' files is not in my latest version because I am still working on it (you can still get it on the old version). If you still don't understand it, go on the website, download the source code and check it out!

Install help:
-Download Code
-Install python 3 from python.org
-install pillow (PIL) module
-Open 'load.py' in the python IDLE and run it.
-1P will open and will ask you to login, the login is 'admin' and the password is 'password'.
-You are Done!

Where to download: Cape 1P - Latest Indev

I will frequently post updates on my program and I will state all the improvements. Enjoy!;)

PS: If you find any bugs/glitches, please post them in this thread.
PPS: I have trouble compiling so if there is anyone wishing to help, please do!
EDIT: Please comment on my website too.

Last edited:
NEWS: I have now made a compiled version with an installer so you don't have to have python and you dont have to download anything else!!!

What I'm working on:
-Giving more space for desktop
-Adding proper multitasking without global interpreter lock
-A menu showing all desktop items
-The looks of the program.
-Adding a desktop background option

What you will see in the next release:
-A small difference in the gui layout
-The login screen is slightly transparent
-Maybe some bug fixes (like the one in which you cant save/open a text file)

Back
Top Bottom