is it possible to fix this error?

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
long story short the author is MIA since December when he released the latest buggy update

and now all the users(including dealer licence holders that rely on this for business are forced to use old ass version of this that sucks)

it gives an error "Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000"

when you try to adjust fuel values by pressing PGup or PGdwn which are default buttons...

software is crome 1.6.9r2 I have almost zero skills in this unfortunately and tried to do some google searching for a resolution but it seems not so simple

you're prolly going to need the source code to figure this one out.

was this working previously? what has changed?

the error looks like the software is trying to reference a memory location that it shouldn't be trying to get. This is usually a coding error.

if it has worked previously, try running a system restore (assuming windows) to a ealier point in time.

its the update
the older versions expire and he usually releases updated version( sometimes buggy)
the latest update (or two of them actualy) had this error the previus version worked fine but its expired so its either hacking the previous version to get rid of expiration or trying to fix this one. or rolling back the clock trick...

yea they all been waiting on him to fix the bug...

last time he posted on there was 2009 its been abandonware since then he periodically updates it because he put expiration dates in each version so he can continue to collect money and he wouldn't do any major improvements or release the aoftware to the pgmfi forum so it can be maintained better by the forum members.
I was just wondering if this is something that could be fixed with a disassembler for example or debugger. but im guessing its more complicated.

last time I did something with those tools was in high school 15 years ago lol
ive been trying to bypass the expiration on 1.6.8 but no luck so far

btw im not trying to pirate the software in any way just really need a working one so I can tune the car I already have a licence and registered the latest one which doesn't work

Last edited:
ec tune is dead as well.

in 2009 hondata sued the pgmfi forum. I don't know what came out of it but a lot of things changed

would it be possible to compare the code from previous working version with this one and see what the problem is? and what software can I use to do that.

right now I have windasm and ollydebugger
im starting to read about this but its all new to me it seems pretty interesting but theres so many resources I don't know where to start anyone can give me few pointers?

I did html and web design in high school
then some basic java c++ and possibly some other languages but on a very beginner level like the pizza delivery app lol

as far as I know, you'll need to know low level assembly to reverse engineer the software. It's a whole different beast than high level languages like java and c++.

your best bet is to find a open source app and tweak it.

Back
Top Bottom