nvidia 7800 wont work

hollywood

Beta member
i bought one of these and tried putting in my dell dimension 2350. my friend said that the shiny metal part on the bottom looks like it has lines because you cut at the lines if it doesnt fit. so i carefully cut off the bottom so that it fit into 1 of the slot things in my computer. now it doesnt work. did i cut it wrong? id post pics, but no camera. is there anyway i can fix this? thanks for any help.

hm............................................

now the rest of the system wont turn on and it beeps a lot. is this fixable???????????????

Epic update by Saxon:
105ekh3.jpg

With the old forum skin too ^

YTMND - 7800GTX
ytmnd has it too.

Oh my, no offense your friend is a dumbass, or you are playing a joke on us.

And even if it did work, your computer the bigges peice of crap no offense.

You can't cut anything on the hardware. :eek:

Funny, you just blew around a few hundred dollar's, or your friend. What a waste of money.

Make sure you take it back to a guy who needs glasses. CUTTING THE CARD WILL PERMENTLY SCREW IT OVER, AND VOIDS ANY WARRANTY.

Were you drunk at the time you did this?

OMFG are you that dum, Are you smoking something you must be. PCI and PCI-E are totally different y in the world did you cut it to make it fit. I so shock that it even fix. You most likey killed your pc man. a 600 dollar card cut to make fit in a PCI slot is that waht you are going to say to Dell. And teh manufater from that 7800GTX card. You really must of been smoking something or you must be really dum to do sucha a thing really.

Dell 2350's don't even have an AGP slot. Only PCI slots.

The 7800 is PCI Express only.

The 2350 isn't even worth the price of that card... ROFLMAO!!!
Sorry, you're out of luck!!!

my friend can build a computer so i asked him how to do it. hes really good with computers, but i guess everyone makes mistakes. ill try to return it. my friend said that the lines were like fringed edges on a piece of paper and you just need to cut carefully at the line :-[

hollywood said:
my friend can build a computer so i asked him how to do it. hes really good with computers, but i guess everyone makes mistakes. ill try to return it. my friend said that the lines were like fringed edges on a piece of paper and you just need to cut carefully at the line :-[

Ban this clown... This is someone just F'n around... No one is this stupid.

Back
Top Bottom