What would you recommend doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
I am going to get a TV that will go into our entrance area at our school. On the TV we will play some video, pictures (virtually a slideshow) to play continuously throughout the day to show the different activities that are going on around the school. I am trying to figure out what would be the best scenario to try to do this. I am looking for the easiest way but still a way that would be something that would give us some future options. Does anyone have any suggestions or where I could go to find any info on such a thing. Thanks.

I'm not too sure exactley what you are asking.

Whatever you do, don't get a Plasma screen. Make sure it is LCD. Probably best hooking it up to a small external HTPC connected to the school network where you can control the content easily.

Yes, but also much more expensive at the moment.

Not necessarily. You can get a 19" LED for about $178 now. Compared to the $128 that the LCD costs that is only a $50 increase for the better technology and longer lasting equipment. Heck at Walmart we are selling 32" LED's that are only about $30 more than the LCD counterparts. So really LED isnt much more expensive anymore if you want to get a good lifetime out of the product it will be worth the few extra bucks in cost.

Ah, haven't noticed they've gone down that much.

Well I am only speaking in terms of what you find in my Walmart compared to other places. So you may still be right depending on the area and how prices are. The prices I know of course are from where I work where I get asked all the time what should a person get LCD or LED. With such a low price difference I always suggest the LED if we have them in stock. I have not gone shopping online lately to know what prices are on those sites or know what prices are in other stores to be able to form a completely valid argument on that aspect. Cause for all I know, being in a Niagara Falls store we could have lower prices cause we have shoppers from our area as well as Canada.

Our larger TV's are still quite expensive when it comes to LED over LCD. The 55" LCD goes for about $1000 while the 55" LED goes for about $1500 which is a big price difference. The largest TV we carry now is a 70" Sharp Aquos LED going for $2500.

Our larger TV's are still quite expensive when it comes to LED over LCD. The 55" LCD goes for about $1000 while the 55" LED goes for about $1500 which is a big price difference. The largest TV we carry now is a 70" Sharp Aquos LED going for $2500.
This is more of what I was talking about when I said LED was more expensive than LCD. Since the TV would be going in an entrance, I would assume the OP wouldn't really want a small TV, so that it could be seen by a lot of people, so a larger TV would probably be the way to go (I doubt quite 55", but probably something around that size I would assume).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom