A+ Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro2a

In Runtime
I'm thinking of getting my A+ Certification but I don't really know where to start or what to expect. I know my way around a computer pretty good; both software and hardware. I'm no IT expert, but I know a lot more then average person. I feel that I can fix and troubleshoot most problems that arise, but not all. I did find a mock test, and scored a 75%. I want to expand on my knowledge. What do I need to know for A+ certification? Thanks :wink:

Moved to proper section. We have a whole forum dedicated to such questions. Read some of the other topics and you will find your answers. ;)

Professor Messer, CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Microsoft Certification Training has a ton of free material on the A+. I would also suggest purchasing a book by Mike Meyers and reading that as well.

There are two tests you have to take, comprised of 100 multiple choice questions. Once you pass BOTH exams you are A+ certified for 2 years, then the certification technically becomes 'not current.'

I would suggest reading and getting as much hands on experience, then go take the test.

^ The two exams are A+ Essentials 220-701 and A+ Practical Application 220-702. You can find a self study training video that will train you for all the topics in the A+ certification and help you pass the exams. I've used http://www.uppertraining.com and they are pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom