Which picture is better

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
I got a canon 60d, I had a canon t1i. The 60d takes an amazing daylight picture, but sometimes it seem that the t1i take a better night shot. i'm constantly deleting photo from the new one where I only occasionally deleted photos from the t1i

I see that the lighting is better with the 60d, but the color is what I'm wondering on

snapshot005.jpg

SnapshotII026.jpg

wow. photobucket descaling the picture actually make the second picture look better

The second picture, with better lighting the colors are more vivid.

Also, @ EricB, please don't double post. If you have something else to add to the conversation and no one else has replied since your last post (within a 24 hour period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add the info to your last post.

photobucket fixed the color problem. the original picture color on 2 wasn't looking right

The best way to tell is to have a look at the file sizes. A bigger file size means more colour information was captured when you took the photo. Both cameras you sited are digital SLRs so there should be a way you can put the camera into manual and change your settings.
Make sure your cameras are giving you the largest file size available. The higher quality capture (larger file) will mean less noise and more colour data. If you're going to spend close to two thousand dollars on a camera you might as well get Adobe light room to do the lighting adjustments. The program is very easy to use.

Learn how to use White balance, ISO and your shutter speed and you will have a much better idea of what the camera can really do.
It's a shame to see such expensive cameras stay in 'auto'.

photobucket fixed the color problem. the original picture color on 2 wasn't looking right

Probably because the internet uses a different color profile than you would normally use in something like Photoshop.

The first picture is just slightly underexposed. Use manual, or a priority mode to get the exposure better.

The first shot is under exposed. I'm guessing your using auto mode. If so I would suggest that you try the priority modes so that you can see how adjustments effect your shots. With priority mode the camera will auto adjust the other setting to help you. This is how you can learn about the settings without getting lost in all the adjustments. I totally agree with the other post about buying such an expensive powerful camera and leaving it on auto mode. Its a bit of a waist.

Second one. I have a 60D myself. Try playing with your settings for indoor photos like ISO, Shutter, and Aperture. A faster lens or external flash will help with indoor photos as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom