Need some debugging help

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwr89

Baseband Member
Not sure if this is the area;

usually I post over at seven-forums for debug help but its usually the same reply copy pasted in regardless of what I tell them in the body of the message.

heres the problem:

getting some BSOD stops more and more frequently, it just started the other day and they have started to pick up speed. It is getting difficult to use the system, it has been running rock solid 24/7 for nearly 11 months now.

What i've done/am doing:
I've enabled verifier to force check all drivers that are not signed by microsoft
I've pulled out 3 of the 4 sticks of ram and I am running memtest on it and will run them in order in each of the DIMM slots as well for like 5 passes. 3 of the sticks are only about a month old corsair XMS2 ddr2 800 2gb sticks the 4th is about a year old crucial ballistix ddr2 800 2gb. I've had some trouble in the past with that ram (3 other sticks that have died in my mobo)

system specs:
core 2 quad q8200
gigabyte ep45-ud3p
radeon 5770

I posted this in the windows and software because I am attaching dump files for some help with debugging. I'd love to know if it is blatently software or if its is mainly hardware.
I am leaning towards hardware because 80% of the times the system wasnt even logged in when it stopped. but I don't know how to debug worth anything and would love some expert advice!

and since there is no way to attach to this message I've hosted it up on my website, with the download link here:
http://cwryan.iweb.bsu.edu/cwr89_dumplog.zip (420KB)

thanks! -sorry for bad typing, I'm restricted to working on a cell phone right now.
~Casey

Ran the last 4 in that file:
Probably caused by : RTKVHD64.sys ( RTKVHD64+d97ea )
Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt+7fd00 )

Googling RTKVHD64.sys shows it has to do with some realtek drivers.

thanks!

I found that the Crucial Ballistix had gone bad, honestly that's the last time I ever buy crucial, they run hot and die quick. the BSOD's did enough damage to destabilize my system completely too. so even with the ram all tested and confirmed working I get some stops. so I uninstalled and reinstalled the RTKVHD64 driver and it seems to have done the trick. I've had 24 hours of stable use so far. thanks a ton for the debug help!

~Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom